FICW is making a strong effort to ensure the health of Combat Wrestling practitioners and improve our sportsmanship standards.
Here are the most recent rules updates from the head of referee committee, Masa Yoshizawa:
1. Points for pins (maximum of 4 points), back and front mount (maximum of 1 point each) can be achieved only once per match.
2. Positions, not recognized as pins are:
a) Shoulder line of the pinned player is tilted more than 90 degrees.
b) Both legs of the pinned player are wrapped around top player’s body.
3. Submissions can be applied only in ground position. A ground position is defined as when the player is touching the mat with any part of his body other than his feet.
4. When submission is applied, the defending player can escape by lifting opponent off the ground. Once the attacker is completely lifted in the air, immediate break will be called and match continues in standing position.
5. In case of minor passivity, a caution will be called.
6. Time allowed to work for improvement of position or for submission on the ground is 30 seconds.
7. Banned actions:
b) Dropping opponent on his head.
c) Informal complaint to the referee.
d) Not following referee instructions.