1st Annual US Combat Wrestling Training Camp
USACW is super excited to announce our first annual National Combat Wrestling Training Camp!
The camp will be held from February 18-21 at Colorado Springs Judo Center and is open to wrestlers & grapplers of any style or level of experience. This camp is STRONGLY suggested for anyone who plans to compete in the 2016 Nationals where our world team will be selected. This camp will launch our second year as the U.S. National Governing Body under the FICW. We will soon have registration, hotel and other camp information up on our website.
In the mean time here are a few tidbits to wet your appetite:
1) All profits will go towards funding our 2016 National Combat Wrestling Team. This year we were able to secure funding to cover approximately 65% of our world team’s expenses, and fielded a killer world team in the process. Ours was the only team (out of 13 nations) in which every wrestler took home a medal (1 gold, 2 silver & 2 bronze). We plan to top this achievement in 2016!
2) As a show of thanks and support for our national athletes, all 2015 U.S. Combat Wrestling World Team members are welcome to attend this 2016 training camp free of charge! We want to build a strong field of U.S. Combat Wrestlers, supporting those who have fought hard and represented our country must be our main responsibility!
3) As a new national governing body, we are now in the final stages of aquiring Not-For-Profit status. This should be complete by the end of December. NFP status will make aquisition of new sponsors much easier.
4) The camp will host a USACW Official’s Certification Course (on February 18th), taught by Stephen Koepfer. Stephen is a FICW Class A International Combat Wrestling referee, ABC Aporoved MMA Judge & Referee, and former Head Official for the American Sambo Association. This course (or future ones) is required for anyone wishing to officiate at our 2016 Nationals (April 9) or any other USACW event in 2016.
5) The coaching staff for our inaugural camp is nothing less than stellar! Reilly Bodycomb, Doug Fournet, Roli Delgado and U.S. Olympic Greco Coach Matt Lindland (pending any IOC conflicts) will be running training sessions for our attendees. This is a dream team of coaches. We will have their bios posted on our website shortly.
We invite everyone to be part of the movement to make Combat Wrestling a true international sport. 2015 got us off to a great start and 2016 is shaping up to be even better!